Bridge Book Club to read “The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls”
Bridge’s bimonthly book club returns in December with our final book club gathering of 2021. Bridge readers are invited to join this interactive discussion with author Anissa Gray about her debut novel, “The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls.”
Please note that the date of this conversation has changed.
Grab your lunch and join Bridge Book Club for a discussion of the book on Zoom from noon to 1 p.m on Monday, December 13. You’ll have an opportunity to submit questions for Gray during the event and on our registration form.
To be invited to participate in this discussion, please complete this event registration form and we’ll email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link to join.
Here’s our schedule
- Book announced: October 12
- First discussion post on Bridge book club closed Facebook group: October 29
- Second discussion post on Bridge book club closed Facebook group: November 19
- Third discussion post on Bridge book club closed Facebook group: December 3
- Live Zoom discussion: Noon to 1 pm December 13
“The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls” focuses on mothers and daughters, identity and family and the complex nature of familial relationships. Gray is a senior editor at CNN Worldwide and was born in St. Joseph, Michigan.
How to get the book
For Bridge Club members, we will provide an e-version of the selected book as a membership benefit. If you’re not already a member, join today for as little as $1 and support our nonprofit newsroom. Members will be sent a link via email from Membership Director Amber DeLind to redeem their free book.
For those who are not Bridge Club members, would like to borrow the book, or would prefer a physical copy, you have other options. You can order “Care and Feeding” directly from the publisher, or download it from a Michigan library system to an e-reader or smartphone via Libby. The book may also be available for order from local bookstores, some of whom are offering curbside pickup. Call your local bookstore to inquire.
- Watch Bridge Book Club discussion of collaborative memoir 'Wounds'
- Watch Bridge Book Club talk on 'Firekeeper's Daughter' with Angeline Boulley
- Watch Bridge Book Club talk on 'The Death and Life of the Great Lakes'
- Watch Bridge Book Club talk on 'Annie's Ghosts' with author Steve Luxenberg
- Watch our 'Black Bottom Saints' Bridge Book Club chat with author Alice Randall
How to take part in the online discussion
To participate throughout the month in our weekly discussions, please join our closed Facebook group by clicking here. Bridge staff will approve your membership in this closed group.
Each week in November, we will post several discussion questions about a section of chapters and group members will be invited to interact with our team and with one another.
Participation in these weekly discussions is not required to participate in the Zoom discussion.
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please donate and help us reach our goal of 15,000 members in 2021?