Bridge Book Club returns with sci-fi novel ‘The Other Me’
Bridge’s bimonthly book club returns in February with our first book club gathering of 2022. Bridge readers are invited to join this interactive discussion with Michigan native Sarah Zachrich Jeng about her novel, “The Other Me.”
Please bring your lunch and join Bridge Book Club for a discussion of the book on Zoom from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m on Wednesday, Feb. 9. You’ll have an opportunity to submit questions for Zachrich Jeng during the event and on our registration form.
To be invited to participate in this discussion, please complete this event registration form and we’ll email you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link to join.
Here’s our schedule
- Book announced: Jan. 20
- First discussion questions on chapters 1-15 posted on Bridge book club closed Facebook group: Jan. 25
- Second discussion questions on chapters 16-30 posted on Bridge book club closed Facebook group: Jan. 28
- Third discussion questions on chapters 31-44 posted on Bridge book club closed Facebook group: Feb. 4
- Live Zoom discussion: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 9
“The Other Me” is Zachrich Jeng's debut novel. This sci-fi story explores the choices we make and the ones made for us. Much of the book is set in our state.
How to get the book
For Bridge Club members, we will provide an e-version of the selected book as a membership benefit. If you’re not already a member, join today for as little as $1 and support our nonprofit newsroom. Members will be sent a link via email from Membership Director Amber DeLind to redeem their free book.
- Watch Bridge Book Club discussion of “The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls” | Bridge Michigan
- Watch Bridge Book Club discussion of collaborative memoir 'Wounds'
- Watch Bridge Book Club talk on 'Firekeeper's Daughter' with Angeline Boulley
- Watch Bridge Book Club talk on 'The Death and Life of the Great Lakes'
- Watch Bridge Book Club talk on 'Annie's Ghosts' with author Steve Luxenberg
For those who are not Bridge Club members, would like to borrow the book, or would prefer a physical copy, you have other options.
You can order “The Other Me” directly from the publisher or download it from a Michigan library system to an e-reader or smartphone via Libby. The book may also be available for order from local bookstores, some of whom offer curbside pickup. Call your local bookstore to inquire.
How to take part in the online discussion
To participate in weekly discussions of the book in the lead up to our Zoom event, please join our closed Facebook group by clicking here. Bridge staff will approve your membership in this closed group.
Over the next three weeks, we will post several discussion questions about a section of chapters and group members will be invited to interact with our team and with one another.
Participation in these weekly discussions is not required to participate in the Zoom discussion.
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please support our nonprofit newsroom?