Bridge Culture Club returns in October with crime thriller ‘August Snow’
- On Wednesday, October 25 Bridge Michigan hosts our latest Culture Club event, discussing the crime thriller ‘August Snow’
- Author and Farmington Hills resident Stephen Mack Jones will join us for the event
- Register for this free live event at https://bit.ly/BCCOct23
Bridge Culture Club returns in October to discuss “August Snow,” a crime thriller. Author and Farmington Hills resident Stephen Mack Jones will join us to discuss his award-winning book.
The first novel in Jones' “August Snow” series, the story is a tale of murder, greed, economic cyber-terrorism, race and urban decay. “August Snow” won the Hammett Prize for crime novels and the Nero Award for mystery novels.
Please bring your lunch and join Bridge Culture Club to discuss the book on Zoom from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m Wednesday, Oct. 25. You’ll have an opportunity to submit questions for Jones during the event. Bridge membership and engagement director Amber DeLind will moderate this discussion.
To receive an invitation and Zoom link to this discussion, please complete this event registration form.
Here’s our schedule
- Book announced: September 20
- First discussion questions on Chapters 1-13 posted on Bridge Culture Club closed Facebook group: October 6
- Second discussion questions on Chapters 14-26 posted on Bridge Culture Club closed Facebook group: October 13
- Third discussion questions on Chapters 27-39 and the epilogue posted on Bridge Culture Club closed Facebook group: October 20
- Live Zoom discussion: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. October 25
How to get the book
For Bridge Club members: We will provide an e-version of the selected book as a membership benefit. If you’re not already a member: Join today for as little as $1 and support our nonprofit newsroom. Members will receive a link to their free book via email.
- Watch Bridge Culture Club discussion of ‘Once We Were Here’
- Watch Bridge Culture Club discussion of documentary film ‘Bad Axe’
- Watch Bridge Culture Club discussion of ‘We Kept Our Towns Going’
If you are not a Bridge Club member but would like to borrow the book or buy the book: You can order “August Snow” from Jones’ website, visit your library or download it from a Michigan library system to an e-reader or smartphone via Libby. The book may also be available at local bookstores, some of which offer curbside pickup. Call your local bookstore to inquire.
How to take part in the online discussion
Please join our closed Facebook group by clicking here to participate in weekly discussions of the book in the lead-up to our Zoom event. Bridge Michigan staff will approve your membership in this closed group.
Over the next several weeks, we will post discussion questions about sections of the book’s chapters, and group members will be invited to interact with our team and with one another. See the box above for a schedule.
Participation in these weekly discussions is not required to participate in the Zoom discussion.
We look forward to discussing the book with you Oct. 25.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!