Bridge Lunch Break to discuss MI Democrats’ first year in the majority
- On Nov. 3, Bridge will host a discussion with Rep. Abraham Aiyash, Sen. Sarah Anthony, Rep. Andrew Beeler, and Sen. Mike Webber about the 2023 legislative session
- Readers can ask written questions
- Register for this free virtual event here: https://bit.ly/LunchBreakNov23
Bridge Michigan invites readers to free Zoom discussion from noon to 1 p.m. on Nov. 3 about Michigan Democrats’ first year as a legislative majority in both the state Senate and House of Representatives in more than 40 years.
Elected leaders from both parties will discuss the term, and whether Democrats have delivered on their campaign promises.
Panelists will include Rep. Abraham Aiyash, D-Hamtramck, Senate Appropriations Chair Sen. Sarah Anthony, D-Lansing, Rep. Andrew Beeler, R-Port Huron and Sen. Mike Webber, R-Rochester Hills. Bridge Michigan Capitol Reporter Lauren Gibbons will moderate the discussion.
Participants can ask questions of our panelists via the Zoom chat feature throughout the event. Pull up a chair, grab your lunch and join us for this interactive discussion!
Please fill out our Lunch Break registration form to be sent a calendar invitation to the event, including the Zoom link. This registration form also includes an opportunity to submit questions for our reporters.
Bridge’s Lunch Break monthly series focuses on timely topics facing our state. Previous events have discussed efforts to educate students for careers in Michigan, solutions to gun violence in Michigan, November 2022’s general election results, youth mental health in Michigan and Michigan’s new redistricting maps.
- Watch our Bridge Lunch Break event about Michigan’s election results
- Michigan Democrats vowed transparency reforms. Now, they say maybe next year
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signs Right-to-Work repeal, prevailing wage restoration
- Democrats, out of power for decades, passing bills in record time in Lansing
How to join this live Zoom discussion
To be invited to participate in this hour-long discussion, please complete this form and we’ll send you the link via a Google Calendar invitation to your email inbox. You can also pre-submit your questions to our team on this form.
To learn more about how to join a Zoom meeting, watch this short video. Zoom is free to use, and you can use the video call function on your computer, tablet or phone, or you can call into the meeting using the conference line function.
Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities like this Lunch Break series. To regularly receive advance notification of what our nonprofit newsroom is planning and receive member-exclusive benefits — such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Culture Club selections and more — become a Bridge Club member today.
We look forward to talking with you on Nov. 3.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!