Bridge Michigan hosts May event on state population loss, demographics
Bridge Michigan invites readers to join us, Citizens Research Council and Altarum for a free Zoom discussion from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16 to discuss trends in Michigan’s demographics. This event will focus on the first in a series of reports written by Altarum and Citizens Research Council that examine Michigan’s slowing population growth and its impact on Michigan’s workforce, economy and communities.
Bridge Michigan’s Ron French will moderate a panel discussion about the report's findings and potential solutions for reversing these demographic trends.
- Watch our Bridge Lunch Break event about gun violence in Michigan
- Watch our Bridge Lunch Break event about Michigan’s election results
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break about how Michigan is handling COVID endemic
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion about Michigan’s economy
Participants will have the opportunity to ask written questions of the panelists during the event.
How to join this live Zoom discussion
To be invited to participate in this hour-long discussion, please complete this form to receive the Zoom link for the event. You’ll receive a confirmation email that includes the event link.
To learn more about how to join a Zoom meeting, watch this short video. Zoom is free to use, and you can use the video call function on your computer, tablet or phone, or you can call into the meeting using the conference line function.
We look forward to talking with you on May 16.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!