Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break talk on the publication’s impact in Michigan
- Senior Editor David Zeman and Executive Editor of Impact and Enterprise Joel Kurth discussed Bridge Michigan’s impact over the past 12 years and its vision for the future
- Bridge’s Ron French, Paula Gardner and Isabel Lohman shared their thoughts on David’s career at Bridge
- Watch a recording of the Zoom event here: https://bit.ly/Feb24BLBrecording
Bridge Michigan’s monthly Lunch Break series returned Wednesday with a retrospective on David Zeman’s career at Bridge Michigan and a look forward to Bridge’s vision for 2024 and beyond.
If you missed this live Zoom event, you can stream it below.
Panelists included Senior Editor David Zeman and Executive Editor of Impact and Enterprise Joel Kurth. Bridge Membership and Engagement Director Amber DeLind moderated the discussion.
The conversation focused on some of the most memorable stories and projects that Zeman led during his career at Bridge. It also covered Bridge’s culture and mission to reach readers across the state, the organization’s goals for the year, our election coverage plans and more.
Bridge’s Lunch Break monthly series focuses on timely topics facing our state. Previous discussions have included examinations of efforts to educate students for careers in Michigan, solutions to gun violence in Michigan, the long-term impact of pollution from Michigan’s automotive industry, youth mental health in Michigan and ideas for growing the state’s population.
- Bridge Michigan top editor David Zeman retiring after award-winning career
- How Bridge Michigan grew from a playground idea to national reputation
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on Michigan’s industrial legacy
Become a Bridge Club member to be notified of future events from our nonprofit newsroom and receive member-exclusive benefits such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Culture Club selections and more. Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities like this Lunch Break series.
To stay up-to-date on upcoming events and Bridge Michigan’s reporting, sign up for any of our free email newsletters.
Our Lunch Break series will resume in February. We look forward to seeing you at our next event, which will be announced soon.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!