Weekly update: Where in the world is The Center for Michigan?
Beginning in December, the Center for Michigan’s public engagement team has been travelling the state to facilitate Community Conversations about jobs and workforce development. These discussions, titled “Getting to work: Opportunity and hurdles to success in Michigan,” have gathered more than 350 people in more than 30 cities across our state to date.
Where we’re going
In the next two weeks, we have Conversations scheduled on the following dates and times (click any of the meetings below and sign up to attend):
- Challenges to Upward Mobility discussion in Allegan, March 12th, 4:30-6pm
- Career Navigation/Challenges to Upward Mobility discussion in Caro, March 18th, 5:30-7pm
- College Value and Affordability discussion in Grand Rapids, March 19th, 9-10 am
- College Value and Affordability discussion in Grand Rapids, March 19th, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility discussion in West Branch, March 19th, 6-8 pm
- College Value and Affordability discussion in Detroit, March 19th, 6-8 pm
- College Value and Affordability discussion in Flint, March 20th, 3-4:30 pm
To find a Conversation to attend near your home, visit the Center for Michigan’s Community Conversation calendar. Keep checking back! We’re adding new Conversations weekly.
How to host
Don’t see your city on this list? We want to come to you! If you are interested in learning more about how to bring a Community Conversation to your town, contact Outreach Director Amber DeLind at 734-926-4285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not able to make it to a Community Conversation? No worries. Click here to be magically transported to the online version of “Getting to work: Opportunity and hurdles to success in Michigan,” and make your voice heard!
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please donate and help us reach our goal of 15,000 members in 2021?