Beginning in December, the Center for Michigan’s public engagement team has been travelling the state to facilitate Community Conversations about jobs and workforce development. These discussions, titled “Getting to work: Opportunity and hurdles to success in Michigan,” have gathered more than 400 people in more than 35 cities across our state to date.
Where we’re going
Over the next week, we have Conversations scheduled on the following dates and times:
- Career Navigation discussion in Detroit, April 16th, 9-10:30 am
- College Value and Affordability/Challenges to Upward Mobility discussion in Warren, April 16th, 6-8 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility discussion in Grand Rapids, April 21st, 7-8:30 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility discussion in Ypsilanti, April 22nd, 6-7:30 pm
- College Value and Affordability discussion in Northville, April 22nd, 7-8:30 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility/Career Navigation discussion in Clinton Twp., April 23rd, 5:30-7:30 pm
- College Value and Affordability discussion in Saginaw, April 23rd, 6:30-8 pm
To find a Conversation to attend near your home, visit The Center for Michigan’s Community Conversation calendar. Keep checking back! We’re adding new Conversations weekly.
How to host
Don’t see your city on this list? We want to come to you! If you are interested in learning more about how to bring a Community Conversation to your town, contact Outreach Director Amber DeLind at 734-926-4285 or email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Can’t make it to an in-person Community Conversation? We’ve got you covered. Click here to head over to the online version of our Conversations, and make your voice heard!