Land O Links
"Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge. We are perpetually on the way thither, being by nature winged insects and honey gatherers of the mind” -- Friedrich Nietzsche, 19th century German philosopher.
* “Stray dogs and beloved pets alike leave behind approximately 30 tons of excrement on (Buenos Aires’) sidewalks each day, according to government estimates.”:
* If you are wondering how much money it takes to flood the airwaves with ballot proposal ads, check out these totals collected by the Michigan Campaign Finance Network:
* Governing Magazine put together a map of commuting methods in the nation’s metro areas. In Michigan, the “car/truck/van” option accounts for more than 90 percent of commuting in every metro – except Ann Arbor:
* Governing also is engaged in a series of articles on the issue of home-based care for the elderly:
* For years, there was a heated debate over whether any cougars were in Michigan. Well, in coming years, we may be seeing cougars and bears following coyotes into cities:
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please donate and help us reach our goal of 15,000 members in 2021?