"Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge. We are perpetually on the way thither, being by nature winged insects and honey gatherers of the mind” -- Friedrich Nietzsche, 19th century German philosopher.
* “Stray dogs and beloved pets alike leave behind approximately 30 tons of excrement on (Buenos Aires’) sidewalks each day, according to government estimates.”:
* If you are wondering how much money it takes to flood the airwaves with ballot proposal ads, check out these totals collected by the Michigan Campaign Finance Network:
* Governing Magazine put together a map of commuting methods in the nation’s metro areas. In Michigan, the “car/truck/van” option accounts for more than 90 percent of commuting in every metro – except Ann Arbor:
* Governing also is engaged in a series of articles on the issue of home-based care for the elderly:
* For years, there was a heated debate over whether any cougars were in Michigan. Well, in coming years, we may be seeing cougars and bears following coyotes into cities: