Land O Links
"Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not" -- Carl Jung, Swiss psychologist.
* Ice in winter has positive effects, too:
* It was suggested, in comments to this story by Bridge's Nancy Derringer about a major urban farming proposal in Detroit, that Whole Foods would be a natural retail outlet for some of the product of said urban farming venture. Having never set foot in a Whole Foods outlet, I'll just say I have no idea:
* Governing Magazine follows up its "Alice in Wonderland" look at Pontiac with a quick review of the fiscal state of play in Detroit:
* This report raises all sorts of questions, not least of which: How does the University of Michigan determine in-state residency on a "case by case" basis? Isn't that a dangerous recipe for drawing in the ol' lawyer types?:
*Ferris State has a few dozen jobs to fill in Big Rapids and Grand Rapids. A point that sometimes gets lost in the state aid debate in Lansing is that universities quite often are "THE" economic hub for a community, be it in Michigan or any other state:
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!