Watch Gretchen Whitmer’s 2024 State of the State
- Watch Gov. Whitmer give her sixth State of the State address
- Education reform and a tax credit for seniors will likely be mentioned
- The speech is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will deliver her sixth State of the State address from the Capitol Wednesday night.
The speech begins at 7 p.m. Watch it here:
Viewers can expect to hear about education investments, affordable homes, protecting seniors and economic development, according to a press release from the governor’s office.
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer State of the State 2024: Read the speech
- Whitmer State of the State 2024: More money for housing, college, childcare
- Whitmer State of the State 2024: Did she meet last year's goals?
While last year’s speech came as Democrats held control of all three branches of government for the first time in 40 years, this year the dynamics may be different. Now that the state House of Representatives is temporarily deadlocked, the governor may need Republican support to reach her 2024 goals.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!