Where the candidates stand
Bridge Magazine profiles the detailed campaign positions of candidates for governor here. Check back throughout July leading to the August primary election for more coverage...
- Infrastructure policies
- How to grow the economy
- Fixing the roads
- Funding toxic cleanups
- Fixing lead pipes
- ‘Red flag’ gun bills
- More stories on where Michigan governor candidates stand on the issues
2018 Michigan Facts & Issues Guide
Two dozen quick-yet-comprehensive reports on Michigan’s biggest issues…
- Read the online version.
- Download PDF of the full printed report.
- 100 Key Michigan Facts in one chart.
- Fact Slideshows: Education & Talent | Economy & Prosperity | Quality of Life | Government & Reform
2018 Michigan Solutions Summit Reports
In March, the Center for Michigan and Bridge Magazine convened more than 50 policy experts to discuss Michigan’s biggest issues. What they said about statewide priorities and Michigan’s future…
What we learned (includes expert video clips)
- How to solve Michigan’s big problems? Be willing to talk about solutions
- Michigan’s riding high. But a downturn is coming and the safety net is frayed.
- Getting past politics to give Michigan the schools it deserves
- Michigan’s infrastructure is in shambles. Answers aren’t easy
- Michigan’s economy is improving. But suburbs may face next fiscal crisis.
- Pure Michigan faces troubles from climate change to drinking water
- Why don’t Michiganders trust government? Let’s count the ways.
- Michigan voters may weigh legalizing pot, repealing prevailing wage
- West Michigan leaders join chorus for state education reform
Truth Squad: Watchdogging the Facts in 2018 Campaigns
Bridge Magazine’s Michigan Truth Squad closely follows campaign advertising and social media to fact-check political claims made by candidates and third-party interest groups.
- Read Truth Squad’s latest fact checks.
- Fight Fake News & Fake Politics: Quickly learn how to spot fake news on social media and report questionable or suspicious political advertising.
Play the “You Be the Governor” Game
How would you run Michigan? How should Michigan’s elected officials act? The You Be the Governor Game simulates the difficult decisions the governor and legislators must make. Give it a try…
Documentary: Understand Michigan’s Political Divide
Bridge Magazine closely followed a dozen Michigan families to illustrate political divisions and shared values across the state.
- Watch clips of the Michigan Divided documentary movie.
- Schedule a Michigan Divided screening and discussion in your community.
- Read Bridge reports about Michigan’s political divide and hyper-partisanship.
Join the 2018 Michigan Truth Tour
The Center for Michigan and Bridge Magazine are traveling across Michigan on a 100-stop tour through election day in November to… Hold community discussions about Michigan issues… Hold ‘Michigan Divided’ documentary screenings… Distribute nonpartisan voter issue guides… And make citizenship fun again with interactive public affairs games, contests, and Coney the Truth Dog.
Stay Informed throughout the 2018 Campaign
Bridge Magazine is a two-time-defending Michigan Press Association “Newspaper of the Year.” Readers and leaders depend on Bridge for Michigan’s most in-depth public service journalism. Bridge is your place to stay informed on big-picture statewide issues and the 2018 election…