The median U.S. household income in 2014 was $52,781, with families spending 35.9% of their income on public university ($18,943 sticker price, annually) or 80% on private university ($42,419 sticker price, annually).
Also in 2014...
Pick a year:
- The Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa begins
- Belgium becomes the first country in the world to legalize euthanasia
- Jay Leno leaves "The Tonight Show"...and doesn't come back
- "True Detective" premiers on HBO
- A Sunni militant group called the Islamic State begins an offensive through northern Iraq
- Barack Obama announces the resumption of normal relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Geckos die during Russian zero-G sex experiment in space
- One World Trade Center officially opens, 13 years after the September 11 attacks
- The "Ice Bucket Challenge" raises over $100 million in August for ALS. Nice job, internet
- 13-year-old Mo'ne Davis becomes first Little Leaguer to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- "12 Years a Slave" wins Best Picture
- Psy's "Gangnam Style" is the first video to reach 2 billion views on YouTube