Join Bridge Lunch Break to discuss moving from pandemic to endemic
Bridge Michigan invites readers to join us from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. April 27 for a virtual discussion about COVID-19 in our monthly Bridge Lunch Break series.
Caseloads are inching up again but still remain far below those of a few months ago, prompting many to believe the pandemic is shifting to an endemic that won’t go away.
Bridge reporters Robin Erb and Mike Wilkinson will lead a discussion on Zoom that touches on topics including risk mitigation, whether mask usage is still necessary and what precautions we should all take.
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion about Michigan’s economy
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion about how COVID impacts Michigan K-12 students
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on Michigan’s new redistricting maps
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion about Michigan’s elder caregiving crisis
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion about COVID mandates, K-12 education in Michigan
We will be joined by Dr. Mark Hamed, medical director for Sanilac, Huron, Lapeer, and Tuscola counties and medical director of emergency medicine at McKenzie Health System, and Dr. Matthew Sims, director of infectious diseases research at Beaumont Health and professor of medicine at Oakland University.
Please fill out our Lunch Break registration form to be sent a calendar invitation to the event, including the Zoom link. This registration form also includes an opportunity to submit questions for our guest speakers. Pull up a chair, grab your lunch, and join us for this interesting and interactive discussion.
Bridge’s Lunch Break monthly series focuses on timely topics facing our state. Previous discussions have included youth mental health in Michigan, COVID mandates and K-12 education, Michigan’s elder caregiving crisis, and Michigan’s new redistricting maps.
How to join this live Zoom discussion
To be invited to participate in this hour discussion, please complete this form and we’ll send you the link via a Google Calendar invitation to your email inbox. You can also pre-submit your questions to our team on this form.
To learn more about how to join a Zoom meeting, watch this short video. Zoom is free to use, and you can use the video call function on your computer, tablet or phone, or you can call into the meeting using the conference line function.
To regularly receive advance notification of what our nonprofit newsroom is planning and receive member-exclusive benefits — such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Book Club selections and more — become a Bridge Club member today. Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities like this Lunch Break series.
We look forward to talking with you on April 27!
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!