Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break about COVID mandates, K-12 education in Michigan
Bridge Michigan’s monthly Lunch Break series continued Wednesday with a discussion on the state of COVID mandates in Michigan’s K-12 schools, outbreaks and the pressure on administrators.
If you missed Wednesday’s chat, you can watch it on demand below.
Three reporters — Mike Wilkinson and Ron French of Bridge Michigan and Tracie Mauriello, who works for Bridge and Chalkbeat Detroit — were featured in the hour-long discussion about this timely topic.
Bridge’s Lunch Break monthly series focuses on timely topics facing our state. Previous discussions this year have centered on Bridge’s coverage plans for 2021, coronavirus vaccine distribution, openness in Michigan government, COVID-19’s impact on higher education, the status of Michigan’s redistricting process, Michigan’s recent labor pipeline struggles, the impact of climate change in Michigan, youth mental health in Michigan and Bridge’s tenth anniversary.
- Join Bridge Lunch Break discussion on youth mental health in Michigan
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on impact of climate change in Michigan
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on Michigan labor pipeline struggles
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on Michigan redistricting process
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on COVID's higher education impact
Become a Bridge Club member today to regularly receive advance notification of what our nonprofit newsroom is planning and receive member-exclusive benefits — such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Book Club selections and more. Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities like this Lunch Break series.
Lunch Break will resume in November.
Stay tuned for an announcement of the topic and for registration information.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!