Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on COVID’s higher education impact
Bridge Michigan on Thursday hosted the latest in our monthly Lunch Break series, this time focused on COVID-19’s impact on post-secondary students and institutions.
If you missed it, don’t fret. We recorded the conversation and it’s available below.
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on MI government transparency
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on COVID-19 vaccines in Michigan
- What’s next for Bridge in 2021? Watch our Lunch Break video to find out.
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on COVID-19 in Michigan
Bridge senior writer and projects editor Ron French was joined by Maddy Day, board chair of the Michigan College Access Network, and Ora Hirsch Pescovitz, president of Oakland University, for an hour-long discussion on this important topic.
(Reader note: We apologize for some technical difficulties around minute 9 of the video. These issues are resolved quickly.)
Bridge’s Lunch Break monthly series focuses on timely topics. Previous discussions have focused on racial equity in Michigan, the impact of COVID-19 on K-12 education, high water levels in the Great Lakes, the November election, readers’ COVID-19-related questions, Bridge’s coverage plans for 2021, coronavirus vaccine distribution and transparency in Michigan government.
Become a Bridge Club member today to regularly receive advance notification of what our nonprofit newsroom is planning and receive member-exclusive benefits — such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Book Club selections and more. Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities like this Lunch Break series.
Lunch Break will resume in May. Watch Bridge for an announcement of the topic and for registration information.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!