John Bebow, president & CEO of The Center for Michigan and Bridge Magazine
Thank you for reading Bridge Magazine. Our spring fundraising drive is almost over. We’re extremely grateful to the more than 300 readers who’ve generously contributed this month in support of Bridge’s award-winning, in-depth, nonpartisan, nonprofit public interest journalism. Will you join them?
Your tax-deductible donation today assures great Bridge journalism throughout 2018.
Your spring donation goes four times as far – thanks to matching pledges by four Michigan foundations.*
It takes less than 60 seconds to contribute $25, $50, $100, or $10 a month as the Bridge team works every day to expand and sustain high-quality, credible news and storytelling in this age of fake news and alternative fact.
Newspapers across Michigan and across the nation have deeply cut their newsgathering missions. Employment at newspapers is down more than 60 percent since 2000. But Bridge Magazine keeps growing right here in Michigan. Supported by philanthropy and readers just like you, Bridge has earned nearly 150 state and national journalism awards. More than one million people read Bridge every year.
But why should you support Bridge? Ten recent examples of Bridge news you can use…
- 2018 Facts & Issues Guide: 24 quick chapters framing the big issues in the 2018 statewide election.
- Michigan Jobs Report: See what jobs are paying in your region of the state.
- Michigan Economy Report: Surprising facts, figures, and regional rankings of the Michigan economy.
- 2018 Academic State Champs: See where your local schools rank on academic growth.
- Michigan Truth Squad: Helping you sort fact from fiction on the campaign trail and spot and report fake news.
- Ballot Issue Updates: Ongoing coverage of the choices voters may face at the polls this year.
- Michigan Environment Watch: The state’s most in-depth coverage of “Pure Michigan” natural resources issues.
- 2018 Campaign Tool Box: Filled with nonpartisan info and fun tools to stay informed all year.
- School Reform – 10-Minute Primer: Thousands of pages of school reform studies boiled down to a 10-minute read.
- Infrastructure Report Card: Why and how Michigan’s roads and other infrastructure continue to crumble.
Who’s going to tell you? Who’s going to watchdog politicians and government? Who’s going to tell you how your tax dollars are spent? Who’s going to inform you about changes in the Michigan economy? Who’s going to respectfully share the diverse perspectives of Michigan’s ten million residents?
With your help, Bridge Magazine will tell you.
Thank you for considering a contribution.
John Bebow | President & CEO | 734 474 0166 (cell) | firstname.lastname@example.org
PS – Please tell us how we’re doing. How can Bridge improve? What in Michigan are you curious about, concerned about, enraged about, or inspired by? Please tell us! Much of Bridge Magazine’s best journalism comes from tips, inquiries and comments from readers just like you.
*Special thanks to the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation, Community Foundation for Southeastern Michigan, Wege Foundation, and Glassen Memorial Fund for matching spring reader donations!