Bridge seeks reporter, editor, marketing associate, intern with latest expansion
Bridge Michigan is expanding again in 2023, hiring for newly created positions to meet reader demand for in-depth, public policy news.
At a time traditional media is contracting, Bridge is hiring a breaking news reporter, contract editor, digital marketing, and digital marketing associate, and summer intern, following another year of revenue and readership growth.
Nonprofit and nonpartisan, Bridge’s aspirations and metabolism have grown in recent years and has grown to a newsroom of 18 journalists and staffers whose work attracted an average of more than 700,000 monthly readers in 2022. In recent years, Bridge has added reporters to cover the Capitol, business and health.
The work is fueled by the generosity of readers and other funders who have donated to our newsroom.
We seek the following:
- Position filled!
Breaking news reporter: A full-time reporter to cover general assignment, breaking news and trending topics on subjects ranging from politics, government, business, environment, health and others.
- Temporary editor: An editor to help with our crush of copy for up to 28 hours a week. The ideal candidate would work four days per week until early evening. The position lasts up to nine months.
- Digital marketing and social media associate: A full-time staffer who can help ensure articles get maximum readership by working on Google Ads, Analytics and other social media.
- Intern: A paid, eight-week summer internship for a college student to cover an array of stories and learn from our all-star, award-winning staff.
Interested? Check out our jobs page or send an email with the name of the position you seek to firstname.lastname@example.org
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!