Join our Bridge Lunch Break discussion about COVID’s impact on higher ed
Bridge Michigan invites readers to join us Thursday, April 29 for our latest Bridge Lunch Break discussion. This time, we’ll be looking at the impact of COVID-19 on higher education in fall 2021 and beyond.
We’ll be joined by Maddy Day, board chair of the Michigan College Access Network and Dr. Ora Hirsch Pescovitz, president of Oakland University. This hour-long discussion will be moderated by Bridge senior writer Ron French from noon to 1 p.m.
Grab your lunch and pull up a chair in front of your computer as we discuss and answer your questions! You’ll have an opportunity to pre-submit your questions on our Lunch Break registration form. We’ll be talking about the impact of COVID on post secondary education of all types, including certificate programs, two-year degree programs, four-year degree programs, as well as the impact on private and public institutions. Questions about any of these topics are welcome!
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on MI government transparency
- Watch Bridge's Lunch Break discussion on COVID-19 vaccines in Michigan
- What’s next for Bridge in 2021? Watch our Lunch Break video to find out.
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on COVID-19 in Michigan
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on high water levels in Michigan
- Watch Bridge’s Lunch Break discussion on the K-12 education landscape
- Missed Bridge’s discussion on racial justice in Michigan? Watch the video
Bridge’s Lunch Break monthly series focuses on timely topics facing our state. Previous discussions have centered on racial equity in Michigan, the impact of COVID-19 on K-12 education, high water levels in the Great Lakes, the November election, readers’ COVID-19-related questions, Bridge’s coverage plans for 2021, coronavirus vaccine distribution and openness in Michigan government.
How to join this live Zoom discussion
To be invited to participate in this hour discussion, please complete this form and we’ll send you the link via a Google Calendar invitation to your email inbox. You can also pre-submit your questions to our team on this form.
To learn more about how to join a Zoom meeting, watch this short video below. Zoom is free to use, and you can use the video call function on your computer, tablet or phone, or you can call into the meeting using the conference line function.
To regularly receive advance notification of what our nonprofit newsroom is planning and receive member-exclusive benefits — such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Book Club selections and more — become a Bridge Club member today. Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities like this Lunch Break series.
We look forward to talking with you on April 29.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!