- The children of 8B: Choice, school hopping brings ‘chaos’ to Detroit classrooms
- In Detroit, students never say goodbye. That’s a heartbreak for teachers.
- Detroit makes it easy to switch schools. So parents do. Frequently.
- When students leave Detroit schools, staff often has no clue where they go.
- Five ways to reduce harm of students frequently changing schools
About this project
This story is part of a series, “Moving Costs: How students changing schools hurt Detroit classrooms,” a joint project by Bridge Magazine and Chalkbeat. Erin Einhorn is Detroit bureau chief of Chalkbeat, a national education news site. Chastity Pratt Dawsey is a Bridge reporter.