Slideshow | A closer look at the students at Bethune School in Detroit
- The children of 8B: Choice, school hopping brings ‘chaos’ to Detroit classrooms
- In Detroit, students never say goodbye. That’s a heartbreak for teachers.
- Detroit makes it easy to switch schools. So parents do. Frequently.
- When students leave Detroit schools, staff often has no clue where they go.
- Five ways to reduce harm of students frequently changing schools
About this project
This story is part of a series, “Moving Costs: How students changing schools hurt Detroit classrooms,” a joint project by Bridge Magazine and Chalkbeat. Erin Einhorn is Detroit bureau chief of Chalkbeat, a national education news site. Chastity Pratt Dawsey is a Bridge reporter.
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please donate and help us reach our goal of 15,000 members in 2021?