How important has Bridge Michigan been to you during COVID?
We’re inviting you to take part in our spring membership campaign. Since Bridge Michigan launched in 2011, we’ve made it our mission to produce public-service journalism that informs and strengthens our community.
- Bridge Michigan's Mike Wilkinson named Michigan Journalist of the Year
- Growth at the Center for Michigan, Bridge Michigan continues with three hires
- What's next for Bridge in 2021? Watch our Lunch Break video to find out.
Like many newsrooms across the country, we faced our share of challenges in 2020, including keeping our reporters safe in the midst of pandemic. Thankfully, our amazing community — readers like you — rallied around us with support. We were able to continue producing journalism that kept our state informed and connected during a chaotic and difficult year.
Here are a few examples of reporting that our members helped fund in 2020:
- When we broke the story of Michigan’s K-12 schools shutting down as a result of the state’s first COVID-19 cases
- When we brought you the latest COVID-19 data every day throughout the pandemic
- When we explored the impact of high water levels in the Great Lakes on Mackinac Island
- When we followed every twist and turn of the 2020 election
- When we investigated the failures that led to the collapse of the Midland-area dams
- When we answered hundreds of reader questions related to COVID-19’s impact on health, employment, the state economy and daily life
This year, you can help us as we look toward the future. Our 2021 goal is to reach 15,000 members (readers who donate to support our nonprofit newsroom).
There’s no better time to become a Bridge member than right now. Donations from first-time donors are being matched dollar for dollar by the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation and by the Herrick Foundation.
Thank you for investing in public-service journalism that keeps you informed on the issues that matter most to you.
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please support our nonprofit newsroom?