July 31, 2018: Updated Michigan PFAS map
PFAS sites in Michigan
Here’s a look at communities where Michigan environmental regulators have found contaminations of PFAS, a once commonly used industrial chemical. Click on the dots for a brief summary of each site. Note: The data is current as of July.
Source: Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
Related Michigan PFAS stories:
- Michigan to sue 3M as toxic PFAS chemicals taint waters
- Environmentalists outraged Michigan warning about PFAS went unheeded
- Michigan’s enlists ‘Shop-Vac on steroids’ to fight toxic PFAS foam
- How the EPA and the Pentagon downplayed a growing toxic PFAS threat
- Michigan has 7,300 toxic sites. Money for cleanup is almost gone.