Beginning in December, the Center for Michigan’s public engagement team has been traveling the state to facilitate Community Conversations about jobs and workforce development. These discussions, titled “Getting to work: Opportunity and hurdles to success in Michigan,” have gathered more than 400 people in more than 35 cities across our state to date.
Where we’re going
In the next two weeks, we have Conversations scheduled on the following dates and times:
- Challenges to Upward Mobility in Kalamazoo, March 26th, 6:30-8 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility in Marquette, March 31st, 12-1pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility in Munising, March 31st, 5:30-7 pm
- Career Navigation/College Value and Affordability in Sault Ste. Marie, April 1st, 6-8 pm
- Career Navigation/Challenges to Upward Mobility in Pickford, April 2nd, 6:30-8 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility in Detroit, April 6th, 7-8 pm
- College Value and Affordability in Dearborn, April 7th, 12-2 pm
- Challenges to Upward Mobility in Benton Harbor, April 8th, 5:30-7 pm
To find a Conversation to attend near your home, visit the Center for Michigan’s Community Conversation calendar. Keep checking back! We’re adding new Conversations weekly.
How to host
Don’t see your city on this list? We want to come to you! If you are interested in learning more about how to bring a Community Conversation to your town, contact Outreach Director Amber DeLind at 734-926-4285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't make it to an in-person Community Conversation? We've got you covered. Click here to head over to the online version of our Conversations, and make your voice heard!