"It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge" -- atomic physicist Enrico Fermi.
* Our friend Kurt Metzger takes the positive approach to home values in Detroit -- there are bargains aplenty for buyers:
* Another survey in Michigan, this of the general public, finds unhappiness with the state's top elected official and concern with the general economic climate:
* "(W)hile students are collectively paying more for an education, the nation's colleges and universities aren't producing a proportionate increase in degrees and certificates":
* The National Governors Association targets college completion -- "Over the last two decades, state support for higher education has grown by $50 billion; yet, the nation has fallen from first to 12th in the world in the number of students who complete degrees.":
* In Colorado, K-12 students who fall behind proficiency standards are unlikely to catch up anytime soon, a new analysis shows: