"I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led, and bearding every authority which stood in their way" -- Thomas Jefferson.
* Will salmon fishing become a tale of bygone days in the Great Lakes?:
* Gallup finds that voters have more confidence in state and local governments than they do the federal government:
* Hmm. I don't think you'll see this on a hospital's billboard anywhere -- "As the deficit reduction super committee hunts for savings, U.S. hospital executives are so worried about having their payments cut that they plan to start lobbying Congress to shift the burden onto their elderly patients":
* The Detroit Free Press offers a helpful primer on who pays -- and who does not pay -- federal income taxes:
* Another motion picture gets a big tax credit from Michigan:
* Some folks think such assistance to the movie biz is unwarranted: