"It is not the quantity but the quality of knowledge which determines the mind's dignity" -- William Ellery Channing, an American writer.
* "Michigan now consistently ranks in the bottom of states in both performance and improvement in student achievement, after a continued relative decline, according to data released today from the 2011 National Assessment of Educational Progress. Michigan’s African American children now perform among the worst in the nation for black children."
* The national results that found Michigan not doing very well at all:
* Members of a coalition pushing transportation funding see Gov. Rick Snyder's recent message on the topic as praiseworthy for, among other things, its focus on public transit:
* Dearborn's chief of police, Ronald Haddad, was one of nine local or state officials across the country honored by Governing Magazine as "officials of the year.":
* Did you know that the inventor of the painted highway centerline was from Michigan? Edward Hines, who died in 1938, just received a design award for his century-old invention: