Land O Links
"The more extensive a man's knowledge of what has been done, the greater will be his power of knowing what to do" -- Benjamin Disraeli, 19th century British prime minister, author and noted clothes horse.
* The New York Times Magazine visits Benton Harbor: "Between the almost-delusional optimism of those who support the redevelopment of Benton Harbor and the almost-paranoid mistrust of those who don’t, spending time in the town can be a profoundly disorienting experience.":
* Andy Buchsbaum of the National Wildlife Federation gives a regional perspective to what's happened around theGreat Lakesin 2011:
* A supporter of Gov. Rick Snyder warns him about adding his voice to the drive at the State Capitol to treat gay Michiganians as second-class citizens:
* A Florida school board member with three college degrees takes a version of a key student assessment test for high-schoolers -- and all but flunks. Find out why:
* The Michigan Board of Education advises the Legislature and governor to invest in universal pre-school for all 4-year-olds and mandated, preferably full-day, kindergarten, among other things:
We’ve been there for you with daily Michigan COVID-19 news; reporting on the emergence of the virus, daily numbers with our tracker and dashboard, exploding unemployment, and we finally were able to report on mass vaccine distribution. We report because the news impacts all of us. Will you please donate and help us reach our goal of 15,000 members in 2021?