Adjusted to 2014 dollars: The median U.S. household income in 2005 was $56,154, with families spending 25.5% of their income on public university ($14,310 sticker price, annually) or 61.5% on private university ($34,549 sticker price, annually).
Also in 2005...
- The first free Parliamentary elections in Iraq since 1958 take place
- Pope John Paul II dies; over 4 million people travel to the Vatican to mourn him
- YouTube is launched
- Watergate: Deep Throat's identity is revealed to be former FBI Associate Director Mark Felt
- Hurricane Katrina makes landfall along the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Surgeons in France carry out the first human face transplant.
- Canada becomes the fourth country to legalize same-sex marriage
- Prince Charles marries long-time flame Camilla Parker Bowles
- One second is added, 23:59:60, called a leap second, to end the year 2005
- "Crash" wins Best Picture
- "We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey is the #1 song
Pick a year: