"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts" -- Samuel Johnson, 18th century English essayist.
* City officials in Birmingham want lawmakers to change Michigan’s open-carry law to bar weapons in council chambers:
* Disease is taking its toll on deer in at least eight Michigan counties:
* Thirty-one new charter schools are to open this fall, but due to closures and mergers, the net gain is only 21 – a total of 276, compared to 255 last year:
* It may surprise you to know that the state has a process that can lead to this: A rejection of a plan by a hospital to shift beds from one location to another:
* For those wishing for a replacement for Joe Louis Arena or a new downtown Detroit home for the Pistons, the costs of said replacement -- and the identity of the payers -- should be carefully scrutinized: