Watch Bridge and the Joyce Foundation’s discussion on extremism in Michigan
Bridge Michigan partnered with the Joyce Foundation for a Zoom discussion last week about the rise of extremism and militias in Michigan.
Bridge Capitol reporter Jonathan Oosting joined Heath Druzin, host and creator of the podcast Extremely American, for the Wednesday webinar, which was moderated by Kayce Atayero, chief external affairs officer of Joyce, a Chicago-based philanthropy that invests in public policy and strategies.
Visit the Joyce Foundation’s website to watch the recording.
- Jesus Hitler, an 'adrenaline junkie' and the plot to train Michigan neo-Nazis
- FBI: Neo-Nazi leader sought 'white ethno-state' in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- COVID orders fuel extremism in tiny Upper Peninsula town. Some fear unrest. | Bridge Michigan
This event replaced the May installment of Bridge’s monthly Lunch Break series of in-depth talks about items in the news, such as the state’s redistricting process, coronavirus and K-12 education outcomes.
Become a Bridge Club member today to regularly receive advance notification of what our nonprofit newsroom is planning and receive member-exclusive benefits — such as free Bridge event tickets, copies of our bimonthly Bridge Book Club selections, and more. Member support allows us to offer engagement opportunities such as this discussion.
To stay up-to-date on upcoming events and Bridge Michigan's political reporting, sign up for Bridge Michigan's Politics Watch newsletter.
Stay tuned for an announcement of the next Lunch Break discussion and registration information.
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!