Watch Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's coronavirus town hall
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will answer questions live in a "Governor's Town Hall" Thursday night. Several commercial and public television stations in the Detroit market have partnered to broadcast the town hall to give residents to talk to the governor during the coronavirus crisis.
- The latest: Michigan coronavirus map, locations, updated COVID-19 news
- What Michigan’s coronavirus stay-at-home order means for residents
- What jobs are exempt from Michigan coronavirus lockdown? You may be surprised.
Viewers will be able to pose questions to answer during the hour-long live event, which organizers are calling a first-of-its-kind collaboration.
Carolyn Clifford of WXYZ Channel 7, Huel Perkins of WJBK Channel 2 and Devin Scillian of WDIV Channel 4 will host the town hall from their studios in Detroit, while Whitmer will join a live feed from Lansing.
Detroit channels 20 (WMYD-TV), 50 (WKBD-TV), 56 (WTVS-TV) and 62 (WWJ-TV) are also expected to air the broadcast in Detroit, and can also be watched on stations around the state and right here on this post.
- Michigan families can get food, cash, internet during coronavirus crisis
- How to give blood in Michigan during the coronavirus crisis
- 10 ways you can help Michigan hospital workers right now
- Michigan coronavirus Q&A: Reader questions answered
- How to apply for Michigan unemployment benefits amid coronavirus crisis
- How to get tested for coronavirus in Michigan
See what new members are saying about why they donated to Bridge Michigan:
- “In order for this information to be accurate and unbiased it must be underwritten by its readers, not by special interests.” - Larry S.
- “Not many other media sources report on the topics Bridge does.” - Susan B.
- “Your journalism is outstanding and rare these days.” - Mark S.
If you want to ensure the future of nonpartisan, nonprofit Michigan journalism, please become a member today. You, too, will be asked why you donated and maybe we'll feature your quote next time!